This keto food list, sorted by supermarket area, is all you need to find keto diet food at your local market. Print it here and keep it in you bag. Keto grocery shopping has never been easier!
Best: Foods that contain less than 3 grams of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) per 100 grams of food.
- Lettuce (Boston, butter, endive, field greens, iceberg, matcha, romaine, and watercress)
- Greens (collard, kale, mustard, spinach, Swiss chard, and turnip)
- Asparagus, avocados, bok choy, celery, eggplant, herbs, kohlrabi, mushrooms, radishes, rapini (broccoli raab), tomatoes, and zucchini (find recipes for these veggies in our collection of keto side dishes)
- Artichokes, broccoli, broccolini, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, fennel, green beans, jicama, okra, snap peas, snow peas, and turnips (see our visual guide to keto vegetables)
- Blackberries and raspberries (see our visual guide to keto fruits)
- Beef, chicken, game, lamb, pork, and veal
(see our recipes for keto meals)
- Bacon, hotdogs*, organ meats, and sausage*
- Fatty fish and white fish (see our recipes for keto fish meals)
- Crab, lobster, mussels, octopus, oysters, scallops, shrimp, and squid
- Sliced chicken, corned beef, ham, pancetta, pastrami, prosciutto, roast beef, speck, and turkey
- Sliced chorizo, pepperoni, salami, and soppressata (perfect on our simple keto plates)
- Prepared chicken salad*, egg salad*, and tuna salad*
- Sliced cheese
- Bologna and mortadella
- Butter and ghee
- Heavy cream
- Softer cheeses (blue, buffalo mozzarella, brie, camembert, colby, goat, gouda) and harder cheeses (cheddar, havarti, mozzarella, parmesan, pepper jack, muenster, provolone, and Swiss)
- Eggs (try our delicious collection of keto egg dishes)
- Full fat crème fraîche, feta, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (plain), mascarpone, ricotta, and sour cream
- Whole milk, used sparingly (no more than a couple of tablespoons) in coffee or tea
Check out the cheese lovers section of our keto meals page for recipe ideas.