Keto Taco Soup
There’s nothing quite as comforting as a good bowl of soup. Enjoy this Keto Taco Soup that is fuss-free and ridiculously easy to make and packed to the brim with incredible flavor
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or ghee or butter)
- 1 small onion (70g), finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground beef (453g)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (use seasonings in my Taco Zucchini Boats)
- 1/2 medium red pepper (60g), diced small
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper (60g), diced small
- 1/2 medium green pepper (60g), diced small
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (1-2 tbsp)
- 2 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 tsp salt (1/2-1 tsp salt depending on if there is salt in your taco seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper Optional
To Serve (Optional):
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican shredded cheese)
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 jalapeno’s Optional, chopped
- low-carb tortilla chips Optional
- In a dutch oven or non stick soup pan, heat the oil, ghee or butter. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spatula as it cooks, until browned (approximately 4 – 5 minutes). If desired, drain and discard the fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and chopped peppers and fry for 1 further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, puree and broth. Season with salt, optional cracked black pepper. Stir well.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until thick and flavorsome.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and top with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro. Top with optional jalapeños and low-carb tortilla chips.
- Storage: Refrigerate in Tupperware for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months
Nutrition FactsKeto Taco SoupAmount Per Serving (1 serving)Calories 297Calories from Fat 189% Daily Value*Fat 21g32%Saturated Fat 7g44%Cholesterol 64mg21%Sodium 857mg37%Potassium 571mg16%Carbohydrates 8g3%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 4g4%Protein 18g36%Vitamin A 669IU13%Vitamin C 57mg69%Calcium 53mg5%Iron 3mg17%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Creamy Taco Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 small can diced green chilis or diced jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over high heat. Saute beef, onion, garlic, and green bell pepper for 7-8 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, green chilis (or jalapenos), cream cheese, and taco seasoning to the pot. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixed throughout.
Pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15-20 minutes, until soup has thickened. Stir periodically to avoid the bottom from burning.
Serve warm and top with toppings of your choice. I like a variety of freshly sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, or fresh lime wedges.
NutritionServing: 1cup | Calories: 300kcal | Total Carbs: 6g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 5g