KETO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
Easy recipe for a keto shortcake topped with fresh strawberries and coconut whipped cream, you’re going to love these Keto Strawberry Shortcakes
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add eggs, oil, maple flavored syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, measure out the dough. Use your hands to form a round shortcake about 2 inches thick. Place each one onto the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes or until the centers are cooked and the tops start to crack.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When you’re ready to serve your keti strawberry shortcakes, top each low carb shortcake with a heaping spoonfull of strawberries and a dollop of sugar-free coconut whipped cream, or regular sugar-free whipped cream.
- Store leftover keto shortcakes in the refrigerator for up to two days.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 347TOTAL FAT: 29gSATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 25gCHOLESTEROL: 62mgSODIUM: 307mgCARBOHYDRATES: 10gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4gFIBER: 6gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 11g
Keto Strawberry Shortcake
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour ***
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax (or additional almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan liberally with butter.
In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter and gentle sweet until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each.
Stir in the flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined. Fold in the strawberries. Pour into loaf pan and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 for 45-60 min until golden, firm to the touch, and no longer jiggly.Meanwhile, whip the cream. Once peaks form add the sweetener. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice the cake and serve with whipped cream and extra berries
NutritionServing: 1inch slice (1/10th of the recipe) | Calories: 321 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 1.2mg