Low Carb Spaghetti Bolognese
My children’s favourite dinner each week has to be low carb spaghetti Bolognese with zoodles. it is the easiest recipe to make for a beginner and one of the easiest recipes to serve to a family who are just starting out on their low-carb journey
- 1 (1 ) onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) mince/ground beef
- 400 g (0.9 lb) tinned/canned chopped tomatoes
- selection of fresh or dried Italian herbs – I use the following
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) dried sage
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) dried basil
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) dried marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan. gently fry the onion and garlic in oil until softened but not over cooked.
Add the mince/ground beef and continue to fry stirring continuously to break up the mince/ground beef. Fry until all the meat is cooked and browned.
Add the herbs, seasoning and tomatoes.
Stir then simmer for 15 minutes whilst you make the zoodles.
Serve in a bowl with zoodles and grated cheese or parmesan sprinkled on top.Nutrition FactsLow Carb Spaghetti BologneseAmount Per Serving (1 serving)Calories 318Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value*Fat 17g26%Total Carbohydrates 13g4%Fiber 4g17%Sugar 7g8%Protein 30g60%NET carbs 9g* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.