Kristie’s chicken Philly cheesesteak casserole
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 4 oz. , sliced
- 6 oz. , sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large skillet on medium high heat, brown the chicken in butter.
When the meat is cooked, add onions, pepper, mushrooms, half of the garlic, salt, pepper and half of the Italian seasoning. Continue cooking until vegetables are just tender, but not soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, the rest of the garlic, the rest of the Italian seasoning, Worcestershire and cheddar cheese. Add the meat mixture and combine.
Spoon into a 9” by 13” glass baking dish and top with the slices of provolone cheese.
Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and slightly browned.
Keto quick tip!
This casserole can be put together ahead of time and then baked just before serving. Leftovers can also be frozen for future meals.
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 31.5oz box Steak-Umm sliced steaks (or two 1 lb boxes)
- 2 lbs sliced mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium onion
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 slices (usually 8oz) provolone cheese
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Break up and cook the meat in a skillet on medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain excess fat.
- If you wish to keep the fat, remove the meat to a plate or bowl without the paper towels.
- In same skillet, using fat from the meat, cook the mushrooms, peppers and onions until tender.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder and gently combine. I do this after draining the fat so it stays on the meat.
- Layer all of the meat into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon and layer over the meat.
- Cover with slices of provolone cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375* for about 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
1Amount Per ServingCalories431Total Fat28gSaturated Fat13gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat11gCholesterol119mgSodium684mgCarbohydrates8gFiber2gSugar3gProtein37g