Keto Noodles – Low Carb Egg Noodles
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 33 grams Parmesan cheese freshly grated (about 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 37 grams mozzarella cheese freshly grated (about 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/8 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 Teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 Teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and cream cheese. Add parmesan and mozzarella. Continue beating with a mixer. Sprinkle spices. Continue mixing well.
- In a parchment lined sheet pan, evenly spread egg and cheese mixture. Flatten with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Place sheet pan in a preheated oven at 475°F and lower heat to 350°F. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Watch closely as you need to avoid overcooking. If small bubbles start to appear, lower heat to 300°F and continue baking for 2 to 3 minutes until all sides and center are done. (You can test for doneness just like testing a cake with a toothpick, if you wish).
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Slice according to desired size, using a knife or pizza cutter.
2 INGREDIENT KETO PASTA
1 cup shredded part skim low moisture mozzarella cheese
1 large egg yolk
Add the mozzarella to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir until cheese is completely melted. If needed, heat for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese is completely melted.
Allow the mozzarella to cool for 1 minute, so that it will not cook the egg. You don’t want to cool the cheese too long though because it needs to stay melted.
Add in egg yolk and stir and mix into the cheese, until you have a uniform yellow dough.
Place your dough on a flat surface lined with parchment paper. Place another parchment paper on top of the dough.
Use a rolling pin over the top piece of parchment paper, and roll dough until it is 1/8 inch thick.
Remove the top piece of parchment and cut the dough into ½ inch wide strips. Refrigerate the pasta for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to cook, bring a pot of water to boil. Do not add salt to the water. Add in pasta. Cook for about 40 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to cook too long, otherwise the pasta will lose its form, break down and become a melted cheese mess.
Remove pasta from pot and run under cold water to cool it down. Gently separate strands sticking together. Allow pasta to cool until it is only slightly warm to the touch. When the pasta cools, it will firm back up, so that it is no longer just melty cheese and it will taste more like pasta rather than just cheese sticks. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.