KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE – MOIST AND DELICIOUS!
This moist and delicious keto chocolate mug cake is the perfect size for one. Made with almond flour and cocoa, it has a perfect cake texture.
The fact that the chocolate cake cooks in just 50-60 seconds is even more attractive. There’s no excuse to go out and grab a snack from somewhere else when you can make this at a moments notice.
And because keto mug cakes are a single serving, I could literally eat a whole cake and not feel guilty about it. Something this delicious is the perfect cheat.
I know many of you are into “cheat days”. While some of you go off-plan, I think it’s fun finding something on-plan that tastes great and kills that chocolate craving.
NEXT LEVEL KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE!
To take this cake to the next level try some of these ideas.
- add a few berries to the batter
- add 1/16-1/8th teaspoon flavoring extract to the batter
- put a spoonful of sugar-free jelly in the center of the batter
- place a small square of dark chocolate in the middle of the batter before cooking
- put a spoonful of sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread in the center of the batter
- top with sugar-free homemade hot fudge or store bought sugar-free chocolate sauce
- top with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
- sprinkle cinnamon, cocoa powder, powdered sweetener or grated chocolate on top
- Most mug cakes call for a whole egg. While this is efficient, it produces really dense and tough cakes. It took me about 15 tries to get this recipe just where I want it in taste and texture. The secret is using just the yolk and some mayonnaise. The yolk adds structure to the cake and the mayo makes it nice and moist.
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp low carb sugar (Swerve or Lakanto)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (use sour cream in a pinch)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
Measure the dry ingredients into a mug or jelly jar and mix completely with a fork.
Add the mayonnaise, egg yolk, and water, stirring completely making sure to get it all from the bottom. Let batter sit 1-2 minutes.
Microwave for 50 seconds, depending on your microwave. 3 Net Carbs.
NOTE: Although the texture is a little different, 1 large egg white can be used instead of the large egg yolk, solving the problem of a leftover egg white.