Keto Coconut Bread
Keto coconut bread is a fantastic substitute for my regular keto bread but it is is nut free, gluten free and slightly lower in calories. The bread is fluffy, sliceable and totally delicious. Just make sure you keep some for yourself, because everyone will want a slice of the action.
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter 120g / 4 oz (use 1/2 cup olive/coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (aluminium free if possible)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 C (355 F).
Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix for 1 minute until well combined.
Add the coconut flour, butter, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum, and mix until completely combined. The mixture will become quite thick.
Line an 8.5 X 5-inch (21.5 x 12.7 cm) loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the batter into the tin. Level the top with a spatula if uneven.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the middle clean.
Nutrition information is for 1 slice. Slice and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. This bread freezes well.Nutrition FactsKeto Coconut BreadAmount Per ServingCalories 95Calories from Fat 81% Daily Value*Fat 9g14%Saturated Fat 5g31%Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 97mg32%Sodium 117mg5%Potassium 32mg1%Carbohydrates 2g1%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 0.2g0%Protein 3g6%Vitamin A 300IU6%Calcium 10mg1%Iron 0.7mg4%Net Carbs 1g* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie keto diet.
KETO COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (50g) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 organic, pasture raised eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick part of canned coconut cream, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Grass-fed ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- In a high-powered blender, add all ingredients except ghee and blend until well incorporated, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, then add enough ghee to coat the pan. When pan has heated, pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto the skillet. Cook batter until golden on one side, then flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side (note: Thicker pancakes will take longer to cook). Set aside and continue cooking until no batter remains.
- Serve coconut flour pancakes hot with grass-fed ghee, berries, or your favorite keto-friendly toppings.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 19.1g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Salt: 296mg
- Carbs: 4.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Net Carbs: 2.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Calcium: 112mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 121mg