super easy egg keto breakfast muffins
Colorful, hearty, satisfying and super easy these keto breakfast muffins are just what you need on busy mornings! Crisp bell peppers, spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon, and fluffy eggs come together in minutes to create the perfect low carb breakfast or snack with 1.5 net carbs and 3 WW SmartPoints.
6 Ounces (1/2 Package) Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Spinach (Fresh or Frozen-Use 1/2 Cup Thawed & Drained Frozen)
1/3 Cup Sharp Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/4 Cup Green Onion
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Fry bacon & allow it to cool.
- Rinse the spinach & dice bell pepper & onion.
- Use the butter to grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- If you’re using frozen spinach and its still soggy from defrosting, set it in a strainer in the sink & take a towel or (several) paper towels & press down to soak up any water remaining. This will keep your eggs from being runny!
- Crack those eggs open & start beating them in a glass bowl. Or a plastic bowl. (Pro Tip: The bowl doesn’t really matter! What matters is you avoid a shell situation!!! Try not to chip an egg shell off into that bowl!)
- If you’re not in too much of a hurry you can beat the eggs for about two minutes.
- If you are late already, go ahead & start adding your ingredients.
- Just toss in the spinach, cheese, bell pepper, and whatever is left of the bacon. I know you ate some of it.
- Mix all of that up until you just can’t take it anymore & then it’s time to fill your muffin cups.
- Fill each cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full. If you overfill you will have a oven cleaning project this weekend that you do not want.
- Bake for 15 minutes!
% DAILY VALUE
Keto Sausage Egg Cups Recipe
Tasty, portable keto sausage egg cups are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Low carb and high in protein, will keep you full for hours!
- 1 lb ground sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp parsley
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Line a muffin tin with non-stick, insertable baking cups or grease a silicone muffin tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine ground sausage, salt and pepper, garlic, paprika, onion powder, and parsley.
- Add a small handful of meat to each muffin tin well then press up the sides to create a cup.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Pour over each piece of meat cups and add cheddar, tomatoes, spinach, and red bell pepper.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from muffin tin onto a serving platter.
- Let cool 5 minutes before enjoying.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1 egg cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 160TOTAL FAT: 12.7gSATURATED FAT: 4.1gCHOLESTEROL: 100mgSODIUM: 325mgCARBOHYDRATES: 0.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.5gFIBER: 0.1gSUGAR: 0.gPROTEIN: 10.3g