Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan
Best keto eggplant parmesan recipe
- 2 small-medium eggplants, sliced ⅛” inch – ¼” inch thick
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the ends off the eggplants, and using a vegetable peeler, peel the eggplants. Cut into round slices ⅛”-¼” thick. Try to cut even slices.
- Line a baking tray with paper towels, and place the slices on the baking tray. Sprinkle all the slices with salt, then flip over and sprinkle the other side. Let sit for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels after the 30 minutes is up.
- In one bowl whisk 2 eggs and set aside. In a second bowl combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, seasonings, and then mix together.
- Dip the eggplant slices into the egg mixture, then move to the flour mixture, making sure to evenly coat each piece of eggplant. Place the slices onto a tray while you finish dipping the rest of the eggplant.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, making sure the oil is hot enough before adding the eggplant slices. Once the oil is hot add the slices to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd them. About 6-7 pieces per batch.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray, while you cook the rest of the eggplant in batches.
- In an 8×8 baking dish put a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. Place one layer of eggplant slices in the baking dish, add a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce over the eggplant, then add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times. You should be able to have 3 layers of eggplant with sauce and cheese. For the final top layer, add tomato sauce and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is completely melted and has started to bubble.