KETO CHOCOLATE COFFEE MUG CAKE
An easy low carb keto Chocolate Coffee Mug Cake Recipe made with coconut flour in the microwave! This is one of THE BEST mug cakes you’ll ever make, it’s so rich and chocolate-y, and it even has a boost of caffeine to it. And the best part is that the entire mug cake has less than 5g NET CARBS!
2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsps (15g) Coconut flour
1/2 Tbsp (4g) Instant Espresso
1 Tsp (3g) Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 Tsp PURE Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Baking powder
2 1/2 Tbsp (30g) Granulated erythritol
*OPTIONAL – Chocolate Topping Topping:
1 Tsp (5g) Coconut oil
2 Tbsps (14g) NO SUGAR ADDED Lilys chocolate chips
Add all the liquid ingredients to a medium sized bowl, and whisk until combined
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl, and whisk until combined again
When everything has dissolved/combined, coat a ramekin/mug/small dish with non-stick baking spray, and add the batter
Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes
***Microwave times will vary. ALWAYS go with less time than you think. Then keep microwaving until perfect cake consistency forms.
***My microwave is 700 Watts and 2:00 is about the right amount of time. Adjust accordingly
While the cake is microwaving add the topping ingredients to a small dish.
When the cake is done in the microwave add the toppings to the microwave and melt for 15-30 seconds.
Add the chocolate glaze to the top of the cake, and enjoy!
KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
With just over 5 minutes and a few ingredients, you can have a fudgy, chocolatey low carb mug cake made from start to finish. It’s perfect for when those occasional emergency chocolate cravings hit, and it’s gluten-free and sugar-free too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener (we used Swerve)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Place butter and sweetener in a large microwaveable mug cake (10-14 oz.) or ramekin. Heat in the microwave until butter is melted, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, then stir again.
- Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until risen and firm on the top. The time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug. I recommend starting with the lowest time and adding more time if needed.
- Serve warm with keto ice cream, keto whipped cream, or your favorite keto frosting.
YIELD: 1 SERVING SIZE: 1 mug cake
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 240TOTAL FAT: 20gSATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 16gCHOLESTEROL: 93mgSODIUM: 210mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4gFIBER: 4.5gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 6g