Dirty Keto Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This Dirty Keto Cauliflower Rice recipe is a keto spin on the classic Creole dish. Simple, quick, easy and so delicious, this low carb, one pan wonder can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
3 tbsp bacon drippings or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground venison or your ground meat of choice
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder. divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- Sliced Green Onions and Chopped Parsley
- Preheat a heavy bottomed or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil or bacon drippings and the ground meat and season with 1 tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. garlic powder. Brown ground meat, breaking it apart with a spoon or spatula until it begins to caramelize. If it sticks to the bottom of the pan, that’s ok.
- After the meat begins to caramelize, reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, pepper, and celery and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and the next four ingredients and cook for another minute.
- Add the frozen cauliflower rice, stock or water and season with the remaining ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. garlic powder. Stir to combine and use the liquid to loosen the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. This will give the cauliflower rice its “dirty” color! Continue to cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower rice is tender and there is no liquid left in the pan. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Garnish with sliced onion and chopped parsley and serve!
Calories: 327 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 778mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 73.1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4.6mg
One of the most popular sides for a ketogenic diet is “faux rice”, or Low Carb Cauliflower Rice. It is super simple to make and we’ve thrown together a quick recipe to get you started.
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 3 ounces Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Cut the cauliflower into evenly sized florets and place into your food processor, only filling half the bowl at a time.
Blend the cauliflower using the pulse setting. Continue to pulse until it resembles rice. If there are any large pieces, remove them and blend them separately.
Heat a frying pan over medium low heat.
Add the butter and salt, allow the butter to melt before adding the cauliflower.
Saute the cauliflower for 5-8 minutes, whilst continually stirring.
Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy.
NutritionCalories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 63.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg